Research and Academic Services
School research seminar coordinator.
Vice chair of Technical Committee on Big Data Processing, Analytics, and Networking of IEEE Communication Society.
Member of IEEE Big Data Standardization Committee.
Member of Deakin University Academic Board (2015-2016).
1. Modeling Theory and Analytical Model of Virus Propagation Dynamics in Smartphones, NSF of China, 2014-2016 (equivalent to ARC DP).
2. Using Computational Models of Creativity as a Machine Learning Guide for Predicting Zero-Day Attacks on Computer Systems and Networks, Australia Defence Department, 2012.
3. Uncovering Malicious Cyber Activities through Observing DNS Failures, Deakin University Central Grant Scheme, 2012.
4. Identifying Cyber Criminals on the Internet, Deakin University Central Grant Scheme, 2011.
5. A Network Security Research Laboratory to Support Innovations, Research Equipment Support Scheme, Deakin University, 2010.
6. Innovations through Broadband, Faculty Research Cluster, Faculty of Science and Technology, Deakin University, 2010.
Panel member of China NSF Outstanding Young Researcher program (equivalent to ARC DECRA), 2017 (自然科学基金委优青会评专家).
PhD student Keshav Sood won the 2017 IT Professoriate Award for his research excellence (School level)
Exemplary editor for IEEE Communications Letters, 2016
PhD student Jiaojiao Jiang won the 2016 Chinese Government Award for Outstanding Self-financed Students Abroad (国家优秀自费留学生奖学金). pdf
PhD student Jiaojiao Jiang won the 2016 IT Professoriate Award for her research excellence (School level)
Exemplary editor for IEEE Communications Surveys and Tutorials, 2014.
IEEE Transactions on Computational Social Systems, since 2017
Journal of Network and Computer Applications (JNCA, impact factor 3.2), Elsevier, since 2017
IEEE Communications Magazine (Commag, impact factor 5.), since 2016
IEEE Communications Letters (CL, impact factor 1.9), since 2016 (Exemplary editor for 2016)
IEEE Internet of Things Journal (IoT-J, impact factor 7.6), since 2016.
International Journal of Big Data Research (BDR), Elsevier, since 2015.
IEEE Access (A multidisplinary, open access journal, impact factor 3.2), since 2014.
IEEE Communications Surveys and Tutorials (CST impact factor 17.2), since 2014 (Exemplary editor for 2014).
IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems (TPDS), 2013 - 2015.
IEEE Access, Green Cloud Computing: Energy Efficiency and Sustainability Aware Infrastructures, Protocols and Applications, due on June 20, 2017.
Journal of Digital Communications and Networks (Elsevier), Special Issue on Big Data Security and Privacy, 2017.
Journal of Future Generation Computer Systems, Special Issue on Social Networking Big Data Opportunities, Solutions, and Challenges, 2016 .
IEEE Transactions on Big Data, Special Issue on Theoretical Fundations for Security and Privacy in Big Data, 2016.
Journal of Computer Science and Technology, Special Section on Data Driven Design Edge Networking and Cloud, 2016.
Journal of Security and Communication Networks, Special Issue on Security and Privacy in Big Data, 2016.
IEEE Access, Theoretical Foundations for Big Data Applications, 2016.
IEEE Cloud Computing, Cloud Security, 2016.
International Journal of Big Data Research, Special Issue on Big Data from Networking Perspective, Elsevier, 2015
IEEE JSAC (The second series of Molecular, Biological, and Multi-Scale Communication), 2015.
International Journal of Parallel, Emergent and Distributed Systems (Special Issue on Networking Aspects of Big Data), 2015
IEEE Network (Special Issue on Networking for Big Data), 2014.
Journal of Peer-to-Peer Networking and Applications (Special Issue on Security, Privacy and Forensics in P2P Networks), 2013.
Journal of Multimedia (Special Issue on Social Multimedia Computing: Challenges, Techniques, and Applications), 2012.
1. Cyber Attack and Defense: A Researcher’s View, August, 2013, Australian Computer Society.
2. Cybersecurity: Today and Tomorrow, November 2013, VACPS 2013, Shanghai Jiaotong University, Nanjing University, University of Science and Technology of China; Feburary 2014, RMIT, Australia.
3. Distributed Denial of Service Attack and Defence in Clouds, November 2013, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Southeast University, Nanjing University of Post and Telecommunication.
4.Big Data Research: Networking and Security Perspective, 2014, Beijing University of Post and Telecommunication, NSF of China (Hunan Chapter), Taiyuan University of Technology.
5. Problems and Challenges in Network Study, September, 2015, The University of Melbourne.
6. Security in Cyberspace and Privacy in Big Data, February 2016, ADFA, University of New South Wales.
7. Cybersecurity and Big Data Privacy, June 2016, Tsinghua University, International Forum of Cybersecurity at BUPT.
8. Security and Privacy in the Age of Big Data, a panel talk at CCIS 2016.
9. Network Attack and Defence: State-of-Art, Challenges, and Opportunities, keynote speech at SPACCS 2016, Zhangjiajie, China.
10. Networking for Big Data: Challenges and Opportunities, Keynote speeck at SmartCom 2016, Shenzhen, China
Current PhD students:
Keshav Sood (at Deakin), Security of Software Defined Networks.
Youyang Qu (at Deakin), Privacy in Data Analytics.
Ahmed Al-Mansoori (at Deakin), Security and Privacy in Big Data.
Mohammad Nosouhi (at Deakin), Security and Privacy.
Xiaotong Wu (at Nanjing University, co-superviaor), Games in Cybersecurity.
Maqbool Khan (at Nanjing University, co-superviaor), Big Data.
Bin Yuan (at Huazhong University of Science and Technology, co-superviaor), Cloud and SDN Security.
Grudated PhD student
Jiaojiao Jiang (at Deakin), Complex Networks, now postdoc at Swinbourne University, Australia.
Meng Liu (at Nanjing University), Cybersecurity, now Huawei, China.
Selected recent conference services:
Australasian Computer Science Week Conference (ACSW), Geelong, Australia, January 31- February 3, 2017, Executive General Chair.
IEEE INFOCOM 2017, USA, Publication Co-chair.
IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC), May 21-25, 2017, Paris, France, Chair of Big Data Networking SAC.
IEEE Global Communications Conference (Globecom 17), Singapore, Publicity Co-Chair.
IEEE INFOCOM 2016, April 10-15, 2016, San Francisco, USA, Publication Chair.
IEEE Global Communications Conference, December 4-8, 2016, Washington DC, USA, Publicity Co-Chair.
The Fourth International Workshop on Security and Privacy in Big Data (BigSecurity, joint with IEEE INFOCOM 2016), TPC Co-Chair.
The 2nd IEEE International Conference on High Performance and Smart Computing (IEEE HPSC 2016), New York, USA, April 9th-10th, 2016, TPC Co-Chair.
The 4th International Conference on Cloud Computing and Intelligence Systems (CCIS 2016), Beijing, China, Auguest 17-19, 2016, Panel Chair.
IEEE Global Communications Conference (Globecom 2015), Publication Chair.
The First IEEE International Conference on Big Data Computing Service and Applications, TPC Co-Chair.
The Australasian Telecommunication Networks and Applications Conference (ATNAC 2015), TPC Co-Chair.
The Third International Workshop on Security and Privacy in Big Data (BigSecurity, joint with IEEE INFOCOM 2015), TPC Co-Chair.
The 33rd IEEE International Conference on Computer Communications (INFOCOM 2015), TPC Member.
The IEEE International Symposium on Big Data Security on Cloud (BigDataSecurity 2015), New York, USA, August 24-26, 2015, TPC Co-Chair.
The 2nd IEEE International Conference on Cyber Security and Cloud Computing (CSCloud2015), New York, USA, November 3-5, 2015, TPC Co-Chair.
The 32nd IEEE International Conference on Computer Communications (INFOCOM 2014), TPC Member.
The Second International Workshop on Security and Privacy in Big Data (Joint with IEEE INFOCOM 2014), TPC Co-Chair.
The IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC 2014), Security Symposium Co-Chair.
The Australasian Telecommunication Networks and Applications Conference (ATNAC 2014), TPC Co-Chair.
The 32nd IEEE International Conference on Computer Communications (INFOCOM 2013), TPC Member.
The 1st International Workshop on Security and Privacy in Big Data (BigSecurity 2013, joint with Globecom 2013), TPC Co-Chair.
The 31nd IEEE International Conference on Computer Communications (INFOCOM 2012), TPC Member.
The 1st International Workshop on Network Foreniscs, Security and Privacy (NFSP 2012), TPC Co-Chair.
The International Workshop on Social Multimedia Computing (SMC 2012), TPC Co-Chair.
221 Burwood HWY
Burwood, VIC, 3125, Australia
Phone: +61 (03) 9251 7744
Fax: +61 (03) 9244 6440